Department of Radiology
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital
Email: bhkim @ snubh.org
- Image Quality or Fidelity of Compressed CT Images
- Design and develop methodologies for evaluating the performance of image quality/fidelity metrics in predicting compression artifacts and for testifying the metrics' feasibility as a robust measure of the visually lossless threshold, using principles and techniques in Image Compression, Image Processing, Human Vision Model, and Statistics.
- Medical Imaging and Analysis
- Apply visualization techniques to render a 2D or 3D image from a series of medical images while providing analyses tools to support accurate and non-invasive image review, in close collaboration with radiologists and clinicians.
- Information Visualization and HCI
- Design and develop methodologies for visualizing a varirty of abstract data in the real world, and design an interface supporting the interaction between human and computers and evaluate the interface in a formal and systematic way.
- Ph.D., School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 2001
- M.S., Department of Computer Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 1997
- B.S., Department of Computer Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 1995